29 July 2010

I'll buy it if you make me laugh


Jaxon is one funny kid. All day he's been saying no more beans but we are just about home for the day and we stop on the side of the road to look at a man's paintings. We spend quite a few minutes looking and I ask Jaxon which one he likes.
He replies, you know you need an artistic eye to enjoy these.
I laughed and decided to get out of the car to see if I had the artistic eye. After looking around some more, Jaxon calls me over, this time he said,
This one speaks to me.
Me: What is it saying?
Jaxon: Walk my streets, climb my mountains but don't eat my fruit.
I thought that was so funny that I said to the man we'll take this one because it speaks to my brother. I told him what it said to him and we all laughed. I think the painter laughed more because he was happy we were spending $10 to buy one of his paintings. Hey he could be famous one day?

Does it speak to anyone else?

4 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

You guys are so funny! Looks like you are having a great time together!! I hope you are doing well!!

Hayley said...

nice, jax. nice. i love seeing all the pics as you're traveling!
avy told me today, "jaxy is really nice" out of the blue. & brookie was singing goodnight my someone...& avy said all excited, "austy sings that song!"
obviously she misses you guys.
xo-
hay

Tom Bird said...

If you don't eat the beans or the fruit, you guys are going to starve down there!
Too funny boys- classic line Jax. Glad you are together having such a good time!

Hayley said...

ps- i just scrolled down to the pic of you/monk & natalie/lioness & almost wee-weed myself laughing so hard. can i get a hardcopy of that so i can post it on my fridge?