10 August 2008

Where have all the cookies gone?

Sometimes I just have so much exciting stuff to share that I would rather just tell it to Hayley. That has been the case as of late, too much stuff is going on so I just blurt it out before I can write it down. Hayley has been out of town for a week and we talk on the ringer every other day or so, usually just because she can't get find Tyler and wants to check in. Well I really don't have anything too exciting for you tonight sista, other than.....

Bonnie is a fine tuned machine. We took a trip to San Diego this weekend to see uncle and aunt and cousins and I kept having to slow her down. This baby left home at 9:30 pm, made a quick stop to Jack in the Box because I'm in love with it and we drove off into the distance, just the two of us. We ended in a little place I like to call the Chevron station in Lost Hills California. I didn't experience the night life there but I was there around midnight, gave Bonnie some petrol and took a nice 4hour nap. The best part about Bonnie is she was getting 25 MPG! I was amazed and proud of her for kicking it in gear. Also she is now my 115,000 mile gem, we put a good 900 miles on this weekend! Can't wait for SPUD DAY!
I woke up at 4:15 am and continued on the trek arriving at my final destination in Escondido CA earlier than expected but I said I'd be there between 8 and 8:30 so I had to wait and knocked on the door right about 8 so they didn't think I was some sort of liar for getting there early. So I ate a bowl of special K and that did the trick, I was loving life all day Saturday. I wish I could have posted some pictures but well I left my camera in the car and didn't take one picture.
Around 10 we headed down to the park area where my 6 year old cousin (names with held to protect the innocent and mainly because Hirama doesn't like the idea of me blogging names) (and yes, Hirama is a code name for someone in my family) Anyways so this cute little cousin of mine, who is just the sweetest thing ever had a birthday party. It was a dog themed party so there were dog pictures, dog pinatas, dog spots to be found, dog tricks to be performed, dog poopies to pick up, it was really quite amazing to see my aunt in party mode. It wasn't an over the top expensive high roller party, but it was very fun and entertaining, even if I wasn't allowed to jump through the hula hoops like a dog or pick up Little Debbie's Swiss Rolls with a pooper scooper. I did however get to hold the line back when the pinata came out to play. Of course it was in the shape of a bone. And with my boy cousin who is 10 I was able to play tug-a-war with the dog toy which I won and am very proud of since I mean he is a 10 year old. 5th grader, pretty strong and ferocious if you ask me!
After a few hours of park party fun we went back up to the homestead and they wanted me to take a nap but there was no time and I knew if I went to sleep it wouldn't be a short little nap so I kept busy for a few minutes until we went to the community pool and met up with aunts and cousins on the other side....the dark side. No just playing they were very nice people and I just chatted with my uncle and threw things in the pool for my cousins to fetch (I was still in dog party mode). It was a really fun time and I hate swimming but managed to still get wet when my cute little cousin shot me with some water cannon from about 25 feet. We ate pizza and passed a good while at the pool.
Then it was back to the house where I helped open all the little toys she got for her birthday. They wrap those little toys with all sorts of tape and glue and rubber bands that don't want to break so it was a challenge to get them all off but it was accomplished. Then we just played random games and Auntie and Uncle headed upstairs for naps and showers after being in the pool. They once again suggested a nap but I was having too much fun with my 10 year old and 6 year old cousins. They were great entertainment. Soon one of them wanted to watch TV and I lasted about 10 minutes on the couch before I was out. I'm not sure how long I was asleep but I woke up quick enough to still play some more before the parents came down.
One thing that I did that never happens is went to bed at about 9:30. It was great! I slept very well and was very grateful I was able to spend a wonderful day with my not visited enough family.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

sounds like a blast. i don't get the title of this post???

whitethunder said...

It's like who stole the cookie from the cookie jar. I like to think of this line of communication we have as sweet, irresistable sugar coated way of telling. So lately there have been no cookies, well the cookies are back so I hope it's ok.