20 February 2009

Why I love being an Uncle



From the California part of the world here are a few reasons I love being an uncle.
#1. I have the best niece ever.

By far she's my favorite niece and I wonder if I'll ever get one that compares.

#2. She says my name.

Basically if she asks I give so I love it when she asks me for things and wants to play.

#3. I get to babysit her.

Wild park party or sleepover, depends on the day.

And other things too, but I want to focus on #3. I thought money was important when doing a job but this week Hayley has paid me in Joe-Joe's Cookies from Trader Joe's and Ice Cream. I think she's fattening me up for the harvest but she claims I'm not going anywhere.


When I got the Joe-Joe's which are like peppermint oreo's in case you didn't know, I really wanted some vanilla ice cream to crush them up in and make an exquisite flavor of cold creamy lover's paradise. But I just didn't go get it done. This was on Tuesday I believe. We have all been eating the goods but then tonight I came home and Hayley said she bought ice cream. She apologized for buying low-fat stuff because I usually tell her I want all the glory of ice cream when available. So I take the four remaining Joe's and crush them up into this cookies and cream to make a mixture of WOW! So as Avy sleeps and I pretend to babysit the little angel, I ate some amazing ice cream.

Go ahead give it a try. No not babysitting, you have to train for that. Try making some delicious ice cream at the expense of a loved one. Thanks for the high paying jobs sister.

I should also throw in that the only reason she bought the cookies in the first place was because they were only $1. I'm glad I'm so valuable.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

pipe down pinky. you know i bought you several boxes way back in the holidays when they were regular price.

my love & appreciation for you is worth way more than $1 (actually, they were 99 cents). you're well worth every penny of the $3 I spent on them at Christmas.

& yes, you are avykins favorite too. when you're sleeping in the morning, she often stands outside your bedroom door knocking and saying, "AHHH--TY!" It's precious.

The Bock Family said...

You guys slay me..... :)

Matt and Jessie said...

Ah, what a good little uncle Austin! Just to make you jealous I got to see your super cute little nephews the other day! They are a couple of funny guys! Good to see you are doing well!!