25 July 2008

Banker's games


Ever wonder what takes the bank teller so long to process your transaction or what they talk about when you aren't in there? I happen to know a guy who works in not a bank, but a credit union, sounds fancy I know but this is hot off the press. A week ago the subordinate gave his boss a mutilated $5 that he received. Now no one likes mutilated money so even though they accept it, they don't like it because they have to keep it forever until they have 100 of the same bill to submit which never happens. Well the boss wanting to get rid of it gave it to a customer. He assured the man that it would spend fine and to just take it. Today that same guy came in to deposit that $5 again. The boss said, "Oh, if you want to do that you actually have to stand in line over there." Pretty soon he came to the subordinate's window and stated that he only wanted to exchange the $5 for one in good condition. With a glance into the boss's office the little guy took the bill, knowing this must stop. The day ended and the teller had a bad $10 bill and one bad $5 bill. What's a teller to do? Since he has an account with the credit union and the manager is the only one who can see employee accounts, he took his ugly money to the boss and said he wanted to make a deposit. The boss took it and realized it was the ugly money. In the end, the teller beat the boss, for those of you keeping score, teller---1, boss----0. Games we play at work...no wonder I love my job!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

i don't get it.

whitethunder said...

It was a little late but I had to write it before I forgot. So what happened is a week ago I gave Anthony a bad $5. Bad meaning it was ripped and not complete. We don't like to get that kind of money but we have to take it. So I try to get rid of mine so it does not sit in my cash drawer. I made a deposit into my account and used the bad money so Anthony would have to take it. He didn't want it either so he gave it out. Then yesterday that person came back in and wanted to deposit the ugly money Anthony had given him. Anthony told him to wait in line and I'd be happy to take his deposit of the mutilated dough. So then to get him back, I switched some of my money for the ugly money and asked him to do a deposit for me. It worked, he ended up with the funny money. Does that make any sense? Don't tell me we are going to have to talk face to face.

teuscher travels said...

...still confused

Jennikunz said...

No wonder this blog is called "difficulty"